Monday, April 24, 2017

What Does One Do When Waking Up At 2:30 Am And Can't Go Back To Sleep?

It happened again!  I woke up at 2:30 AM and can't go back to sleep, so I checked all the wonderful work of my creative peers whom I'm following on Blogger.  I'm amazed at their work and creativity!  Where do they get all their creative energy and inspirations to finish their craft (crochet/knit) projects?  My creative energy is very sporadic and most of the times runs out before I can finish, my work.  How do you all stay inspired?

Recently, I started teaching a crochet class at a Senior Center nearby and this helps me some to focus on crochet.  Still I feel I'm lacking focus, motivation and energy to finish projects quickly.  After this post if I can't go back to sleep, I'll just get up and  do crochet.

I recently learned how to connect granny squares continuously without breaking the yarn until all the squares are all connected together.  This is a very cool technique because it saves one lots of time since there are not very many tails to hide.  I give credit to these two web sites where I learned the technique:
Please click here and here.

Below, are photos of my practice squares.  This crochet scheme is good for using leftover yarn since the middle squares are small and does not use a whole lot of yarn.

















No comments:

Post a Comment