Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Year 2010 Winter Walk

Note photo taken today. 1/5/2010

My first walk this year. It is cold but I wrapped up with fake fur vest underneath my fleece jacket and a fleece lined crocheted scarf that I wrap around my neck and part of my face (covering up to the tip of my nose ) to prevent the winter wind from chaffing my lips. This is very effective for the air around my face is warmed by my breathing. I also wear my crocheted hat that I pull all the way down covering my ears and forehead. I leave just enough gap between the hat and the scarf to be able to see. I thought about crocheting or knitting a combination hat and cowl that will have opening for the tip of the nose and eyes and will be worn as I have described above. This is what I have to do in order to be able to spend time outdoor during winter time. Some of my fingers actually turns white from absence of blood flow when I get cold but this time I did not experience such.

The sun was shining bright but there was such a hush, no barking squirrels or twittering birds along the roadsides. The nest that I took photo of and posted on previous post "Sign of Spring 2010" is still there undisturbed. Part of the lake is frozen. I feel better that I tried to walk, if only I could do this everyday, I will still be able to keep in shape even in winter time. It is a 2-mile walk.

I'll try to work on that hat-cowl combination and if I succeed I will post it either here or on Crochet me, http://crochetme.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment