Sunday, December 16, 2012

Walking Down Memory Lane

Every now and then I glimpse into my past to see what I have accomplished.  It is not a bad thing to do this, as long as the act itself encourages me to move forward and accomplish other new things.  I was glad and happy when I made the pattern from scratch and sewed every single wedding gown and bride's maid dress at that point in time.  One of my favorite among these is shown above and below:







If someone asks me today, would I  make a wedding gown again?  The answer would be,  no.  Simply because I no longer have the desire to do so.  I have to put my heart in everything that I do and if my heart is not in something I'm doing, then there is no creativity or energy to do so.

Now, I'm more interested in yarn and fibers, so let me see if I can revive that creative energy that enables one to create something beautiful despite all kinds of hindrances and limitations.

Back to the original thought that lead me to write this post-- I was searching for a dressmaker's form to help me in designing crocheted garments, when I saw this blog.  I thought, it is very interesting.  I actually cloned myself back in my dressmaking days, but I constructed the clone from flat pattern of my body measurements and I stuffed it with fabric remnants and pillow stuffings.

No comments:

Post a Comment