Thursday, December 3, 2009

The last Blooms of My Garden 2009

Pink Zinnias, Can you believe that these are still in bloom on 11/07/2009?
This is supposed to be bright red-orange Zinnias but somehow it did not come out in its bright original color. Must be the bright light of the sun clashing against the flash of my camera.
Oh Well, But I still love the colors. I would like to capture these beauties in crochet. We'll see what happens.


I have problem saying goodbye even to my annual flowers. I know they must go but I just don't have the heart to pull them out of the ground when they are still blooming prettily. So I thought I would just wait until mother nature claims them for herself. I took pictures of them, since I thought they were remarkable for toughing out the cold spells that started way back on the first week of October. The other Zinnias have long dried out, but these group which is planted
in a partially shaded area, sheltered from the wind by our cabin really looks healthy. Can you see the moth or is it butterfly? I have to look it up for I don't know right now.

2 comments:

  1. That's no wonder why you can't say goodbye to your flowers - they're so beautiful. And the last colorful spots of the season are the dearest. Don't know if you have snowy winter where you live but here everything becomes black and white in winter and I always miss colors very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aluajala,

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I'm the same way regarding colors. I feel like I should wear bright summer colors in the Fall and Winter (instead of ones that rhyme with the season) because colors cheer me up especially in the gloomy days of Winter. We don't have lots of snow here where we live. It just turns cold with mostly gray skies and bare trees. However, I love to look at bare trees against the blue winter skies when the sun is shining on them; especially the Sycamore trees which trunks and branches turns white in the winter.

    ReplyDelete